How to guarantee your business will be found in local search engines Signals!
Local search data signals that is. There are many other sources for traffic other than Google directly. There are also other search engines such as Yellow Pages, yelp, citygrid and the like. Dallas SEO states These “1-off” local search engines can have a significant amount of traffic waiting for your business. Dependent upon your market, this may be the ticket you’ve been looking for to help your chances in being found in local search.
We will start this piece off with some relevancy signals you’ll want to keep in mind while dealing with each local search site’s algorithm. Remember, they each have their own and some might be worth looking more in-depth at. Ensure proper information is entered for the following data signals:
- Your business name
- The business category
- Keywords associated with your website, product, or service
- Proper business description
- Services you offer
- Relating to an association (or not) with a national or regional chain
- City center distance signals matching your locale.
- Increase your proximity service areas
- Customize your results for web and mobile
- Compete for a listing that has the least amount of competition (at least in the beginning until you get your feet wet)
- Geo targeted searching. Try and include your GEO location for each listing.
- Levels of advertising – i.e. paying more for increased visibility (higher listings)
- Ability to bid on keywords – critical. Do your keyword research. A great tool is wordtracker.
- Create extra deals and coupons.
- Double check your listing for quality. You’ll want to stand out and not put the same jargon every other advertiser on their network is spewing out.