How do I track a Breezing Forms with Google Analytics?
Tracking Breezing Forms by Crosstec Soultion with Google Analytics is a little complicated, but like most things internet there are numerous resources to use. To make things easier for you, we've made this little video so you can see exactly how to do it.
1) First, you have to create a new page in Joomla that will be used as the Thank You page after a user submits a Breezing Form.
2) Go to Components > Breezing Forms > Manage Forms > Choose an existing form > Options select CUSTOM in the END SUBMIT field and add this code.
/*If you are redirecting to a page outside of your server, then it should be coded like this:*/
/**If your form is displayed in an iFrame and you want the page you are redirecting to, to break out of the iFrame and appear in the main window, use this code instead: */
You will need to change the code in this line to your specific thankyou page.
*You can leave the other code as is, or change as needed if you are using those options.
Now go to your Google Analytics account.
1) Once logged in to to the Admin > Choose your account > Property > View Setting where you want to add a goal.
2) Choose Goals > New Goal
3) Choose type of Goal Set up > Template > Signup.
4) In Goal Description add a unique name ? choose type > Destination.
5) In Goal Details > Choose Equals to > and enter your thank you page url. Just a slash url not the full url. *Choose case sensitive.
For "value" enter the monetary value of a new sign up if applicable.
You can also enter "funnel" info which can be useful to determine if people are following the expected path to your signup page. In our case, the signup page is available as a global navigational item so a funnel is not particularly useful.
Now, test your Breezing form and make sure you are landing on your new thank you page and after 24 hours, go back to your Google Analytics account. Make sure you are logged into the correct view in REPORTING. In the lower left column, you'll see the CONVERSION dashboard. Click it and if you set everything up correctly, you will see conversion data.